Position: Graduate Engineer
Duration: Temporary (1 year contract)
Hours of Work: Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm, Friday 7.30am – 12.30pm
The successful candidate will work as part of the busy, fast paced Design Team on the development of new and innovative Motor Yachts within various facets of the Team’s function.
The position has a strong Naval Architecture and Engineering focus.
The graduate will work closely with the in house composites team, engineers, and external naval architects to produce accurate 2D / 3D drawings or models that they will then see through to production. Above all they must be confident and able to think fast on their feet and accept new challenges on a daily basis.
Key Skills Required
- 3D CAD – A working knowledge of NX or similar
- 2D CAD – AutoCAD or similar
- General computer literacy – MS Office
- Good understanding and awareness of mechanisms and mechanical principles including electrical components and their application
- Good understanding of materials
- A fast learner and an independent person – a “can do” attitude is a must
- Exceptional communication skills will be required
- Mobility around the various Production Sites, in and around Plymouth, will be required
- Hours of work are dependent upon workload (39 hours / week basic) and additional hours and flexibility will be required
- Ability to communicate design ideas through sketches or concepts
- Understanding of GRP production techniques : hand lamination; resin infusion; would be useful
- 3D modeling of components for GRP production/tooling
- Producing lay-up and construction drawings for shop floor
- Controlling information from external companies
- Supporting production in lay-up/assembly of current development projects.
The candidates will report to Development Operations Manager, Rob Coleman.
How to apply:
Send a CV with a covering letter stating “Graduate Engineer” by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Nigel Wren (Training Coordinator), Princess Yachts International plc, Newport Street, Plymouth PL1 3QG.