Company Trainer/Safety Officer
To provide effective training in Company systems, policies and procedures throughout the Fleet and Offices for both new and existing staff. To provide assistance to the Safety Manager in the day to day running of the Safety Department.
ISM/ISPS Audit Trained, Environmental/Quality Management Experience - Ideally from a Sea Going background
• Devise training for delivery across the Company, as required, for any new legislation that comes into force and requires such training.
• Assist vessels and Ship Managers in preparing for PSC inspections and provide up to date information on MOU campaigns.
• Understand fully how the ShipSure system works and devise and impart training across the Company both in the offices and on the ships to ensure the full and consistent use of the system.
• To devise a programme of training with the Marine Safety Officer and General Manager and deliver the programme.
• To assess training given and report to the Marine Safety Manager and General Manager on the same. To assess the effectiveness of the training given and report on this also.
• Manage and follow up reports and investigations of accidents, incidents and near misses. Advise the fleet as appropriate on lessons learned from incident investigations and there R.C.A’s. Take responsibility to co-ordinate the company response to prevent reoccurrence of the event.
• Assist vessels and Ship Managers in preparing for PSC inspections and provide up to date information on MOU campaigns. Monitor trends in PSC performance. Providing training and guidance in the office and on-board
• Assist the fleet in day to day operations as required.
• Liaising with Classification Societies and Flag State administrations on matters relating to the Company Safety Management System as required by Senior Manager
Qualifications / Education / Training
- Master / CO licence (Desirable)
- CSO trained (Desirable)
- ISM / ISPS audit trained (Essential)
- Trained to train (Desirable)
- Sea-going experience at a senior level (Essential)
- Knowledge of ISM / ISPS (Essential)
- Previous experience in HSQE department (Desirable)
- Previous training experience (Essential)
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK